The OLAS tag combines with the OLAS mobile application to create an affordable, wearable crew tag system, with easy to follow crew overboard recovery guidance.
Download the mobile application and switch on the tag to create a virtual tether between the tag and the phone / tablet. If crew leave the vessel or fall overboard the alarm will be triggered. OLAS then offers clear guidance to remaining crew aiding in a successful MOB recovery and communication with emergency services.
Add multiple tags, customise the tags names and monitor the battery life all within the OLAS app.
Use OLAS to:
- Ensure all crew members are present
- Significantly increase the chance of self-rescue in a Man Overboard emergency
- Clearly and concisely transfer relevant information to the coast guard
- Monitor live navigation data whilst cruising or racing
OLAS tags pair with your device to create a virtual tether between your phone/tablet and crew members, children, pets or objects, such as a lifebuoy.
When the virtual tether is ‘broken’ OLAS will:
- Emit an audible alarm and light signal
- Record the time and GPS location where the incident occurred, and your current GPS location
- Clearly illustrate the direction and course to return to the alert GPS location
- The longest battery life - 5 months
- The most versatile attachment solution - Watch, life jacket, MOB device with 1 strap.
- The most cost effective crew tag available and includes free app
- Additional navigation features including SOG, COG, bearing to waypoint, course to steer and a compass
- Connect multiple tags to 1 phone or tablet
- Connect 1 tag to multiple phones / tablets
- Low battery alert